One of Ryan’s and my goals for our blog — and our music at large — is to develop and encourage community; to develop a feeling like, “Yeah! Me too!” To that end, we thought it would be meaningful and fun to invite you to share your thoughts and opinions alongside ours, here on this blog.
We’ve gotten emails from people sharing the way songs have intersected with their lives, what they thought was the meaning behind the lyric of a song, or how Ryan’s guitar playing inspired them to want to rock their clarinet harder than they ever had before. Instead of just letting us know, we want you to tell those stories to everyone. If it’s meaningful to you, chances are good that it will be meaningful to someone else… here in this more-connected/ more dis-connected land of the internet.
Your blog doesn’t have to be exclusively about Ryanhood. Ideally, we’d like to know how you think this music fits into the larger world. Here are some topic ideas to start with:
– Review a show you went to.
– Discuss what a song means to you, or common themes you notice among several songs.
– What, if anything, makes Ryanhood unique in the world of music?
– Post a creative YouTube video that features one of our songs.
– Write about why do you like music in general?
– Write your thoughts about the future of music?
– Write about whether the internet is bringing us closer together, or inching us further apart.
– Discuss whether you think Ryan had to take lessons from the Emperor and learn about “the dark side of the force” in order to play like he does.
Due to the volume of responses, we can’t post everything, and we reserve the right to edit for content and space as needed. However, we will read everything, and post as much as we can.
As C.S. Lewis has said, “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You Too? I thought I was the only one.”
Email your blog post, including a title, to: email@example.com